There is no Mac OS version of Paratext, but there are a variety of ways to create a virtual machine to Windows or Linux. Paratext for Windows or for Linux can then be installed on that machine. Please note that a virtual machine is treated just like any physical machine, in that you will need to purchase a Windows license from Microsoft in order to activate Windows on it.
- VMWare offers a free version (for non-commercial use) of their high quality virtual machine software.
- Register for an account, then request a download of VMWare Fusion Player.
- Parallels Desktop for Mac can also be used to run virtual machines. You must purchase a license, but it provides high quality integration with Mac OS and Windows.
- VirtualBox is also free and used by many people, but it can be more complicated to setup.
- Apple Bootcamp enables you to configure your Mac to boot into either Mac OS or Windows.
- With Bootcamp, you can run Mac OS or Windows, but not both at the same time. You need to reboot to switch between Mac OS and Windows.
- You could possibly install Linux instead of Windows as your second OS but this probably requires some research and technical skill.
If you have difficulties with setting up a virtual machine, look for the support options or information on the virtual machine tool you are using. Chances are your issue is a general virtual machine issue rather than an issue specific to Paratext. If needed, you can submit an issue about running Paratext in a virtual machine to the Paratext support site (registration required).