It is our great privilege to announce to you the availability of the Beta version of Paratext 9.2! On behalf of the entire development team, we hope that this software is a blessing to you in your work.
- Paratext 9.2 includes major feature upgrades for Study Bible Authoring. Older Study Bible projects can be migrated to the new, greatly improved, Study Bible Additions (SBA) project type. The new improvements add greater versatility, fix many old bugs, and provide much greater performance than the older Study Bible project format. We think you will love it! Detailed SBA improvements are linked below.
- The Interlinearizer has been improved to make it easier to set up and reopen interlinear projects. You may now choose to create an interlinear project using a translation project or resource as the model text, or you can create an interlinear project without a model text.
- Paratext 9.2 includes an XML Resource Viewer. This is a new capability to display XML based Biblical resources such as lexicons and commentaries. The main advantages of XML resources is that they can break out of the confines of USFM markup and book-chapter-verse navigation. Paratext 9.2 includes access to two XML resources, Liddel Scott Jones, Abbot-Smith, and more to come in the future. Instructions to download and view these Greek lexicons are below. An XML-based resource editor is currently in development, and will be offered as a Paratext plugin.
- Paratext 9.2 includes a brand new Paratext Plugin API 2.0 that can be used to create new plugins to extend the functionality of Paratext in new ways. As this API gets out into the hands of our partners’ development teams, we expect to see many new plugins become available for the Paratext community. This offering of the plugin API includes Developer Documentation, the Paratext Plugin API 2.0 Wiki describing how to use the API, and Reference Plugins that demonstrate how to use the API in working code.
- Paratext 9.2 includes a completely new Paratext Live backend support capability. Paratext Live allows for real time collaborative editing of Bible translation projects, similar to Google Docs. The new infrastructure provides greater reliability and performance in collaboration sessions. If your team uses Paratext Live, please note that Paratext Live in 9.2 is not compatible with Paratext Live in 9.1.
Thank you for your support!
We hope that you can take the time to try out this beta offering. Please let us know how it goes for you. From within Paratext, you can go to the Paratext menu → Help → Give Feedback menu option, fill out the form, and click “Send” to let us know how we are doing. Your feedback is invaluable in identifying and fixing bugs. Positive feedback is also very valuable for team morale and for partnership development. So, please share your thoughts. …