Are you listed under the wrong organization? That can happen if you came from Paratext 7 and were automatically assigned the same organization you had then, even though that may have changed. In other cases, users sometimes select the wrong organization or one that is not active in the registry. With nobody approving requests for that organization, the user may wait indefinitely without getting approved.
No problem. You can easily manage your organizational status from the registry.
- Go to https://registry.paratext.org and log in using the email account that you registered with.
- At the top right of the page, your name should appear. Click on it and select My Profile
Next to Primary Organisation, you will see your status as one of the following:
You have not yet requested to be approved under an organization
- You may click the link there to Request membership of an organization
- or, if you are not with an organization, you may Request to be approved as an independent translator.
Requested membership of [name of organization]
This means your request is in process. If it has taken too long, or you requested membership of the wrong organization, you may make another request as follows:
- Go to https://registry.paratext.org/orgs
- Search for your correct organization.
- When it displays in the list view, do not click to view. Instead, click the down arrow next to the View button:
Select Request Membership.
[name of organization]
This is the organization you are listed under.
- If it is not correct, click Request membership of an organization and you may submit a request to be moved to a new organization, pending their approval.