Do you need to change the organization you are registered with? You can do this at any time, but you need to be aware of two things first:
- Your registration must be accepted by the membership approver of the new organization, and it may take a while, depending on how responsive they are.
- If your registration is approved, you will receive a new registration code that must be entered into Paratext to continue to have full functionality.
Request Membership of an Organization
Here is how to request membership of an organization for those with an existing registration.
- Go to https://registry.paratext.org and log in using the email account that you registered with.
- Click on your name at the top-right of the page:
- Click My Profile.
- Scroll down to Primary Organisation.
- Click Request membership of an organisation:
- Search for and select your organization:
- Click the Request button.
- If you are not part of any organization listed, you may Request to be an Independent Translator
Change Membership to a Different Organization
If you see “Requested membership of [name of organization]”, this means your request is in process.
If it has taken too long, or you requested membership of the wrong organization, you may make another request as follows:
- Go to https://registry.paratext.org/orgs
- Search for your correct organization’s name and find it in the list below:
- Do NOT click the View button.
- Instead click the down arrow next to the View button:
- Click Request Membership.
Request to be an Independent Translator (no Organization)
If you are not with an organization but are involved in a Bible translation project that follows the FOBAI Translation Standards, you may Request to be approved as an independent translator.