Do you need to change the organization you are registered with? You can do this at any time, but you need to be aware of two things first:
- Your registration must be accepted by the membership approver of the new organization, and it may take a while, depending on how responsive they are.
- If your registration is approved, you will receive a new registration code that must be entered into Paratext to continue to have full functionality.
Here is how to request membership of an organization for those with an existing registration.
- Go to https://registry.paratext.org and log in using the email account that you registered with.
- At the top right of the page, your name should appear. Click on it and select My Profile
- Where it says Primary Organisation, there is a link to request membership. Clicking that link will allow you to select from the list of Paratext organizations.
If you see “Requested membership of [name of organization]”, this means your request is in process. If it has taken too long, or you requested membership of the wrong organization, you may make another request as follows:
- Go to https://registry.paratext.org/orgs
- Search for your correct organization.
- When it displays in the list view, do not click to view. Instead, click the down arrow next to the View button:
- Select Request Membership.
If you are not with an organization but are involved in a Bible translation project that follows the FOBAI Translation Standards, you may Request to be approved as an independent translator.