Sometimes Paratext downloads an update automatically, but the update fails. If that is the case, try these steps:
Run the update manually
- Restart your computer.
- Open the Run window:
- Press Windows + R
- OR Right-click on the Start Menu, then click Run
- Copy/paste this into the Run window: %localappdata%
- Press OK
- Open the Paratext 9x folder for the version of Paratext you have. For example:
- Open Paratext90 if you have Paratext 9.0
- Open Paratext91 if you have Paratext 9.1
- Open the ParatextUpdate folder
- Run the install or update file there. For example:
Try a newly downloaded update file
If the update still fails, try to download the update file again:
- Go to https://paratext.org/download
- Download the version of the installer or the patch that you were using above, EXCEPT:
- If you had the InstallerONline before, download the InstallerOFFline file instead. For example: “Paratext 9 1 104 1 InstallerOffline”
- After downloading the file, restart your computer.
- Run the downloaded file.