Paratext allows you to create custom project note tags to communicate more effectively on issues related to consultant checks, grammar, formatting, and much more.
This tutorial is a work in progress, more info should be added soon.
How to Use Custom Project Note Tags
- To learn why and how to use custom note tags, see our article on custom note tags.
How to Create Custom Note Tags
Only administrators can create custom note tags. So if you are not the administrator of a Paratext project and would like to create some custom note tags, you will have to coordinate with the administrator to add them.
- Go to Project menu > Project settings > Project properties
- Click on the Notes tab.
- Click on the Add Tag button at the bottom of the dialogue box.
- Type in the name of the new note tag. In this example “Comprehension Questions”:
- (Optional): Click on the icon for the new tag.
- Choose a different icon by clicking on it.
- Optional: Enable Restricted Resolve:
- Restricted Resolve means that only the person who inserts a note with this tag (or an Administrator) can resolve it. Often, the author of the note should be the one to resolve it, because they are the best person to decide if the note is ready to be resolved (for example: after an appropriate change has been made in the text).
- Add any other note tags that you would like to use.
- Click on the OK button at the bottom of the dialogue to save the change and close the dialogue.