- This event has passed.
Annual Project Planning with Paratext
May 27 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am EDT
At least once per year, and sometimes more frequently, people meet to decide the course of action for a translation project in the coming time period. There are some things that don’t necessarily fit inside the scope of Paratext, such as budget issues, or planning the training of team members. But when it comes to deciding what gets worked on next, by whom, and in what order, Paratext 9.1 handles this, making sure that the team members are always aware of their next tasks. This paradigm shift happened subtly with the addition of a few new features in Paratext 9.1 that gives more control to administrators to assign tasks, and clearer guidance to translators to know what text gets translated next in the plan. This class aims to show how to transfer the results of an annual planning session into Paratext, allowing Paratext to guide the translation efforts through the year until the next planning session.
- Participants will be able to use the Assignments and Progress feature in Paratext to:
- Adjust their project plan to accurately reflect their translation tasks
- Set the order in which chapters and books are to be translated over the life of the project.
- Assign tasks to individual team members for the coming year.
- Show how the Current Priority view guides team members in their daily work Audience.
Who Should Attend?
- Paratext Project administrators
- Language Program Managers/Directors
- Translation Coordinators/Consultants