We are pleased to announce that Paratext 9.1 is now available as a beta version. Many teams will be required to use project plans soon, so Paratext 9.1 has significantly improved the tools used to manage tasks and assignments for working with a project plan.
We have produced a set of videos that will let you see these features in action – or show you how to use these new features if you are ready to try them:
What changed since Paratext 9.0?
Here are the main changes:
- Translation Priorities is a new feature that allows teams to define the portions of Scripture they want to finish first. For instance, a team might want to finish Matthew first, then the rest of the Gospels, then the Letters of Paul.
- My Tasks now makes it easier for each member of a translation team to see their most important tasks. It shows what to do next, drawing from the progress plan and associated translation priorities.
- Rich Text in Progress Plans allows progress plans to contain detailed instructions, with hypertext links to external sources if needed. Progress plan creators can leverage this to provide extensive guidance to translation team members.
- Assignments & Progress has added features to help project administrators work more efficiently – bulk assignments, showing why tasks are blocked, and integrated support for translation priorities. It has also improved support for postponing tasks and checks.
- Progress Plan Administration has added progress plan versioning so that an organization’s progress plans can be improved over time without disrupting translation efforts. It makes it easier to update to the latest version of your organization’s plan. It also allows you to postpone an update if you need to stay on an older version.
- Performance improvements (including 64-bit architecture)
We believe that Paratext 9.1 will help translation teams work toward their translation goals, focusing on what they need to do today. It will also simplify project administration, making it easier to produce a plan and to adapt when progress plans change. …