The Paratext Newsletter: Sharing helpful info, updates, and announcements about Paratext
Paratext 9.3 News
- Beta users: Please first uninstall Paratext 9.3 beta, then install the Paratext 9.3 release.
- Pre-release users of 9.2 should be receiving an auto-update to 9.3 (please check your release stage settings after the update to 9.3).
- Other users: All users can receive the auto-update to 9.3 next month (January, 2023).
Extensive Training Materials for Paratext!
Paratext Training Manual
The Paratext Training Manual has been revised for version 9.3. The website currently has manuals for versions 9.2 and 9.3 in English and French. It follows the six stages of the translation process covering most of the tasks in the SIL compact plan. You can download a PDF file of your desired manual for printing.
Modules from the manuals can be selected for use in training courses, and they can also be used as self-study.
Paratext Video Summaries
Over 90 training videos have been produced to help you learn Paratext. The video summaries provide step-by-step instructions for the tasks learned in each video, so you can use them in your language project.
New Video: How to Open the Interlinearizer Window
Starting in Paratext 9.2, Paratext helps you open the Interlinearizer window correctly, and remembers previously opened Interlinearizer settings. See the following video for helpful tips in how to open the Interlinearizer window:
- Here is a written description of how to open the Interlinearizer window.
- Learn how to use the Interlinearizer here.
Use Paratext in New Languages!
You can now use Paratext in about 30 different languages! These new interface languages are now available:
- Akan-Twi, Arabic, Malayalam, and Tamil are now available in Paratext 9.2 and 9.3.
- Akan-Twi, Gujarati, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, and Turkish are all available in the latest version of Paratext Lite!
See the full list on the Use Paratext in Different Languages page.
Localization for Paratext 9.3
The localization team is working to update words/phrases in the user interface that were added/changed in Paratext 9.3. Updates will be shipped with future patches of 9.3.
Additional Training Opportunities
Updates to PTXprint
PTXprint is always being updated with new features and bug fixes! Check out the new What’s New in PTXprint video.
Until next time 👋
James (for the Paratext team)