The Paratext Newsletter: Sharing helpful info, updates, and announcements about Paratext
Use Paratext in New Languages!
Did you know that you can use Paratext in 16 different languages, and Paratext Lite in 23 different languages?! That’s amazing!
These languages have been recently added to Paratext: Amharic and Romanian.
These languages have been recently added to Paratext Lite: Amharic, Arabic, Dutch, German, Hausa, Hindi, Hungarian, Igbo, Swahili, and Yoruba.
When one user saw Paratext in Amharic, she said this:
This reminds me of the first time I saw the Jesus Film in one of the Ethiopian Languages. I am truly excited. I will show this to translators in Ethiopia. It’s such a privilege to be part of this.
- Check out the full list of languages for completed and upcoming languages.
- How do I use Paratext in a different language?
- Contact us to help translate Paratext or request a new language.
New Translation Resources in Paratext
New translation resources are constantly being added to Paratext. Have you noticed them? Here are some helpful ones that are recently available:
- NKJV: New King James Version
- Amp: Amplified Bible
- CSB: Christian Standard Bible
- MSG: The Message
- NASB: New American Standard Bible
- BSB: Berean Study Bible (contains helpful textual critical footnotes)
- BSB+: Berean Study Bible (Enhanced Resource)
To see a full list of translation resources, go to the Paratext menu > Download/Install resources.
Paratext Training Opportunities
The Paratext Hour
The Paratext Hour weekly webinar continues! Upcoming sessions include:
- What Can I Do With a List? – Feb 28
- Working with Figures – Mar 7
- Working with a Glossary – Mar 14
See The Paratext Hour page for more info, links to previous sessions, and to pre-register for upcoming sessions.
Paratext for Beginners Workshop
Mark your calendars! The next Paratext for Beginners workshop (previously called Paratext Boot Camp) will be held from June 6 – 10 (Eastern Hemisphere) / June 5 – 9 (Western Hemisphere).
More info, along with specific timezones, can be found on the Paratext for Beginners workshop page.
New Video Series: Project Notes
Our training team continues to produce and update training videos for Paratext 9. These are excellent resources for teams to learn how to use the various features of Paratext.
The Project Notes video series will teach you how to:
- Insert, edit, reply to, and assign notes.
- Show changes to the verse text for the current note.
- Use the Notes List (VERY helpful!).
- Filter, sort, and search for notes.
- And more…
Until next time
James, for the Paratext Team